Acceptable use policy
Wi-Fi internet access is a benefit offered by Costa del Sol Wyndham to its users, in order to enhance their experience in our properties. Access to and use of Wi-Fi is governed by these Acceptable Use Policies.
One: The user acknowledges and agrees to comply with these Policies for Use. Violation of these Policies will result in the suspension or termination of the Wi-Fi service and other possible sanctions, such as assisting, reporting to, or cooperating with the relevant authorities and/or third parties involved in the investigation of any illegal action or act suspected to have been perpetrated through use of this service. The user recognizes that the Wi-Fi service provided cannot be considered a public telecommunications service.
Two: The user agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Costa del Sol Hotels from any type of judicial or administrative process, costs and expenses, including but not limited to attorneys’ fees, derived from any and all violations of the Policies described herein, or from the rights of third parties.
Three: These Policies prohibit:
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to transmit any material that, intentionally or not, violates any local, national or international law, or any rule promulgated thereunder.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to harm, or attempt to harm, other persons, companies or other entities, including any illegal act as stipulated under the provisions of current legislation.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to transmit any material that threatens or encourages the physical damage or destruction of property or the harassment of any third party.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services, or to engage in any type of fraudulent financial activity or scam.
- The adding to, removal, or modification of the identification information header of the network in an effort to deceive or mislead. Any attempt to impersonate another person using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to transmit or facilitate any form of unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to attempt to access third-party accounts, penetrate or attempt to penetrate the security measures or software of another entity, or the hardware of a third-party computer, electronic communications system or telecommunications system, regardless of whether or not such access or intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to transmit any material that infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including but not limited to the unauthorized copying of copyrighted authored material, the digitization and distribution of magazine photographs, books or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmission of copyrighted software.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to gather, or attempt to gather, personal information concerning third parties without their knowledge.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service for any activity that adversely affects the ability of other persons or systems to use the Wi-Fi or internet service. This includes “denial of service” (DoS) against other hosting networks or private users. Any and all interference with or interruption to network users, network services or network equipment is also prohibited. It is the responsibility of users to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner.
- Use of the Wi-Fi service to engage in any action classified as a crime by the corresponding legislation.
- Marketing of your personal account. The Wi-Fi service is intended for personal use, email, newsgroups, file transfer, internet chat, messaging and internet browsing. Users may remain connected while actively using the connection for any of the aforementioned purposes.